3.1.12

Resolutions for the New Year

So I have made it to 2012 with my blog, something I was unsure would happen upon its initial creation.  Blogging, however, has proved quite enjoyable and I plan to make a regular habit of it this year.  Furthermore, I find it absolutely necessary to create a list of changes and approaches that will make my blog better and more accessible to a wider audience. What will follow is a simple list of resolutions for the blog that I hope to incorporate in the coming months and make regular facets of the blog.

1.  Watch More of the Classics

I  have seen a good many films, more than most of my friends, but that does not mean I have seen every movie.  As such I am currently compiling a list of movies that I feel I should have seen a long time ago and plan to knock the list out by the end of the year.  The list is quite expansive already and I plan to add more.  Once this is compiled I will post it on my blog along with an option for suggestions.

2.  Expand on Genres and Countries

I love movies and have yet to find a category of movies that I truly detest.  Tragically though, there are some genres I have simply failed to get around to or am lacking expansive knowledge in.  Two of these categories are Bollywood and Westerns.  I plan to make regular viewings in both genres an perhaps create a "Western Wednesday" or something along those lines.  As for Bollywood...I am still working on how to approach that.

3.  Review More Experimental Films

I have been a huge supporter of experimental filmmaking since my first introduction to Stan Brakhage, but my blog currently fails to reflect such leanings.  This year I plan to mention at least one experimental film a week, beginning with an upcoming shout out to Fake Fruit Factory.

4. Guest Blogging

This will be something new to me, but something I have been dying to get involved with.  I would like to invite others and be invited to guest blog.  It is a great way to network and talk extensively about films.  The possibilities such actions could open are endless in my eyes.

5. Editing

I am under no illusions about my terrible comprehension of the English language.  Hopefully with some more grammar studies and persistence this will change this year.


So there are five resolutions for my blog this year.  I hope to have them under control by March  or so, if you have any suggestions or ideas feel free to comment at your leisure.

2 comments:

  1. Well once you've posted your list of classics, I'd be happy to throw in any suggestions that I can.

    As far as Westerns and Bollywood films go...There's a ton of Westerns that I'd recommend, from "Once Upon a Time in the West" to "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance". Others include: "Destry Rides Again", "Hombre" and "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid". It's a genre that I haven't really submerged myself in yet either, but those are a few that I saw, that I really liked.

    Bollywood - I've only seen one: "The Brave-Hearted Will Take the Bride" and it was very good. I could recommend that as a good one to start with, as it was my first and I was able to find many enjoyable elements in it. It is long though, so stick with it - I think the payoff is substantial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only film on that list of westerns I have seen is Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and it is easily one of my favorite movies. I have heard good things about the other movies as well. I will definitely put The Brave Hearted...on my list of Bollywood movies. As for the classical films I will have a list soon, although many of them will not be classics as much as popular movies I have not got around to seeing, although there will certainly be classics. In essence it will range from Mr. Smith Goes To Washington to The Goonies.

    ReplyDelete